The first edition of "Diode Lasers and Photonic Integrated Circuits" by Larry Coldren and Scott Corzine was published in 1995. The book has been widely accepted and adopted as a textbook and a key reference book for engineers dealing with semiconductor lasers and photonic integrated circuits worldwide. The first edition of the book has been translated into Chinese.
The second edition of "Diode Lasers and Photonic Integrated Circuits" by Larry Coldren, Scott Corzine, and Milan Mašanović was published in March of 2012. This new edition has been expanded, and improved with new material, including:
- Expanded treatment of GaN-based materials, DFBs and VCSELs, quantum dots, mode and injection locking, tunable lasers and new photonic IC technology
- Many worked examples throughout that illustrate how to apply the principles and theory discussed
- Online access to important tools such as BPM and S and T matrix computation code, DFB laser code, mode solving code, and more
- Updated study problems and solutions at the end of each chapter
- Maintained consistent notation throughout all chapters and appendices that allow for self-contained treatment and varied levels of study
- Complete extensive appendices that provide review and advanced material as well as details of derivations
Even with the utmost efforts and care, some errors and typos in a book-making process are inevitable. Thus, we provide the complete, up-to-date errata for the first printing as well as one for the latest printing, which can be accessed here as a PDF document. Please, send any comments, or additional errors noticed to diodelasers2012 at gmail dot com email address.
We expect future printings to have the corrections listed in the latest errata. To learn which printing of the book you have, check the series of numbers at the bottom left of the Library of Congress Cataloging page. The lowest number in the row is your printing (number 1 indicates first printing, number 1 missing indicates second printing etc.)